INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organizing files  (Read 646 times)

Sesam

• World Citizen
Organizing files
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:04:29 am »

I have all my CD's ripped as flac with a .cue and .log file. When I use the "Rename, Move and Copy Files" library tool, is it possible to make MC always move the cue and log file together with the flac files (if those get moved to a different folder/location)?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Organizing files
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 10:19:18 am »

The Rename tool will operate on files that it has imported into the database.  Said differently, it doesn't try to rename files that are not imported nor belong to it.  So if you want MC to manage those files, then you need to setup Import to also pull in the .txt and (not sure about) the .cue file.  Not too many of us use .cue files so you'll have to search the forums here, or test it out.

You'll need to create a Rename Maintenance view, which will show all the relevant file types that are being managed by MC.  When you want to Rename, go to that view, select the contents of the Album and perform the Rename.

Alternatively, you can do this outside of MC and MC will correct internal paths.  You might find this easier in general if your music folders happen to contain files not imported by MC.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up