INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With some albums the sequence order is different from the track number order.  (Read 1636 times)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

With some albums, depending on which librabry view I use, the sequence order is different from the track order.
When I select one of these albums, e.g., from "Disk Location" the order is "shuffled" (Shuffle is Off btw). From "Files", the order is o.k., but from "Panes > Artists" it is "shuffled" again.
I have these albums imported in the MC Library, so I am not playing from Windows Explorer. And when I open one of them in MP3Tag, the filenames are track number + title and the track numbers are the same as the track number in the filename.
Of course I can re-order in the Playing Now window by clicking the Track column, but I assume the sequence should be right automatically. So I wonder what I am doing wrong.
(I already found this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52848.0
but as I said, I DO have the albums imported in MC)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Does the field [Disc #] have incorrect or inconsistent values?  Check all tracks for the album.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

The Disc # field is empty for all tracks.

I also noticed that this issue only occurs (as far as I can judge now) in Standard View.
When I play from Theater View (In which, for Audio, I have Disk Location, Artist and Album views) everything is fine. From each view the order is correct then when I play one of the "problem" albums.

MrC

This may be an issue a few of us have seen and reported over the years, having to do with the default sort order for the view.

Here's how I worked around it, and have never seen it since.

For the Audio main, right-click and Customize View...
Set rules for file display...
and set the Modify Results: Sort by to something like:

Album Artist (auto) (a-z)
   Album (a-z)
   Disc # (a-z)
   Track # (a-z)

All of your views within Audio will now inherit this default sort order (unless you've disabled this in any specific view).

Maybe this will resolve it for you.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Just to be sure that I don't mess things up (further):
Right-click on Audio in the Tree on the left side. Then leave "View As Panes" alone, click on "Set Rules....", leave "Media Type is Audio" alone, and under "Modify Results" choose "Sort by".
Then "Add" > "A-Z" for the items you mentioned ?

MrC

Yup.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Thanks.
But when I have done that and "Apply" I get the message that I am editing a locked view and the question if I want to save to a new view. And when I say "Yes" I get a new item "Audio Copy" in the Tree.
Should I have chosen "Overwrite" in stead of "Save as new view" ?

MrC

Overwrite.  This is a general "Be Careful" message that MC generates to let you know you're modifying a stock view.  The views are yours, and can be easily re-created if something goes wrong.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Thanks again.
I removed  "Audio Copy", applied the modifications again and overwrote and now the sequence and track order are fine. So it worked !
Pages: [1]   Go Up