INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play music video instead of mp3  (Read 837 times)

beegor

Play music video instead of mp3
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:27:46 pm »

I hope this feature is available because it would be cool.
I have a lot of music videos in my library and i was hoping that it would be possible to link a video file with an mp3 file, so that when in theatre view it'll play the video instead of the mp3.
I know it's already possible to put videos in with music albums but then I hear the same song twice, AFAIK there is no way to hide specific files from theater view
I hope you understand

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Play music video instead of mp3
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:17:23 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

AFAIK there is no way to hide specific files from theater view

You can do that with Rules for file display (for a special 'Audio + Music Video' view) something like...

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio],[Video] ~sort=[Media Type]-d ~nodup=[Album],[Track #] ~sort=[Track #]
Assuming the audio and video files have been tagged with [Album] and [Track #] values that match correctly, this will first sort the files so the videos are first, then remove duplicates of [Album] [Track #]—effectively replacing audio files with video, if matching video exists. The list is then resorted by track #.

The feature is still experimental and has some rough edges, but the same thing can be done with Particles set to play a specific "track" in a concert video.

beegor

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 06:22:55 am »

Thanks for the reply.
This works perfectly in standard view, but is on/off in theater view. Sometimes only one or none of the videos appear in the list, being replaced the song.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 08:01:25 am »

This works perfectly in standard view, but is on/off in theater view.

That can only be because your Rules for file display are not the same for the Theatre View view. Are you it's not inheriting rules from its parent view? Does the view just include one album at the file list level?
Pages: [1]   Go Up