INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 data is never saved for the next time  (Read 1247 times)

wkmullen

MC17 data is never saved for the next time
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:34:47 pm »

Excuse me since I rarely have a problem I can't find help for on here.  Every time I restart MC17 it doesn't have anything saved such as number of plays, any playlist, recently imported, I could go on.  Can someone help me fix this problem?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC17 data is never saved for the next time
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:35:20 am »

You have to tell us some more about your setup. Library server and client, or just one local client? Local playback of media, or on a file share or NAS box?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

wkmullen

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:16 pm »

The library is the default I didn't create a different one.  All my media files are on external hard drives connected with usb cables.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:36:52 pm »

You're sure you have write access on the external drive? That is the only reason I can think of if the tags for the MP3's are not written to the media. It might also look like you can't update the library for the next restart.

I would try this.

1. Make a backup with some tag changes. Number plays or something else that makes you sure if things are saved or not.
2. Restart MC
3. Check the tags. It they are not stored, try to restore the library backup.

If the restore does not help, you probably have some problems writing to the location of the backup file. And possibly for the location of the default library.

If this is the case, I would try to uninstall and reinstall MC to another directory that you KNOW you have full read and write access to. Keep away from Program Files. It's a bit limited. After you have installed MC again, you can restore the library backup and try the same things again.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up