INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Number of times played  (Read 1301 times)

nila

Number of times played
« on: May 06, 2002, 04:55:36 pm »

Hiya,
Just wondering. Do you actually store the number of times each and every song is played or do you just keep a list of the top songs and how many times they are played?
If you actually store values for each song in the db it'd be really nice if you'd just add a column to allow us to view this info from any screen like all the other fields. Not just from the top hits screen.
I'm sure it wouldn't take much work and could be slipped possibly into v8 even Next Page

Scronch

RE:Number of times played
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 06:27:46 pm »

I second that.

lee269

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 09:41:36 am »

Hope Im not stating the obvious to you guys, but here goes:

Perhaps not exactly what you want, but RhinoBangas excellent album view plugin displays # plays for the entire db in the track details tab. So I guess the info is in the db for all files. Also the top hits playlist seems to show all files played at least once if you set its number of entries property to a value equal or greater to the number of files in the library.

lee269

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2002, 09:48:24 am »

Right Click "Top Hits"
Choose "Properties"
Enter in a number that's equal to or greater than the number of files in your library.

Now you can see the number of times played for every file in your library.

You can also reset the counter from the same menu.

lee269

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2002, 10:06:27 am »

Doof - does this include files played 0 times? In 8.0.266 on my PC I have 1248 fles in the db but only 537 top hits displayed even if I choose a number greater than 537 in properties. The rest have not been played ever I think. I remember when I used to put an album on the turntable and listen to it through thick and thin. Guess I should try listening to these songs sometime - I might like them Next Page

lee269

nila

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2002, 10:40:31 am »

Doof,
I'm aware of the field in the top hits section. I was just wondering more in the general field though so I'd be able to view it for songs when I'm in the 'find' or any other library, just as extra info.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2002, 11:47:42 am »

Nila> Yeah, I realize that and I agree it would be a nice addition. I was just pointing out that you don't have to be limited to only the Top 40.

lee269> Apparently it only displays files that have actually been played. I could have sworn that at one time it showed 0 as well...

marty3d

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2002, 02:03:06 pm »

Nila, after a request (quite impressive that the JRiver ppl actually listens to requests, not something you're used to in the software biz Next Page) we got the "numberplays=" keyword. Now you can make a smartlist showing for instance neverplayed songs! Unfortunately, there is no column for it (and for some reason top hits use the seq column, no idea why), but I haven't lost my hope on it yet (notch, notch!) Next Page
Hope this helps!
Pages: [1]   Go Up