INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: setting Cover Art for Boxed Movies, Series, and Documentaries  (Read 1019 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
setting Cover Art for Boxed Movies, Series, and Documentaries
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:35:56 am »

I know this has been brought up before but I could not find a previous posting with a answer, so I'll ask again.

How do I setup the Cover Art for a "Boxed Set" (Movie series, TV Series, Documentary, etc)? This would be a specifc Cover that is used for the entire collection and then that cover art would change to different cover art for each individual disk in the series when I display (click on) the contents of the Box Set.

For example, I just got the Series "The Founding of America". It has 14 disks. However MC only uses the cover art for the actual disks/episodes  (e.g. of the 14 disks, there are groups of disks with specific cover art, such as 2 disks for "the Founding Fathers", 2 disks called "Founding Brothers", one disk called "1776", etc., that MC has found cover art for). Now I also have/found the Cover Art for the box-set/series (and in some cases I just scan in the box cover art), so how do I make use of it?

The way I display the Box sets are described in this early post: 
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69748.0

So on my current setup, each Box Set has a single Cover and then you drill down to the individual episodes/chapters/disks in the Set you want to play. What I use now works well, I just want to improve the method some.

It would be useful for me if there was a way to store my Boxed-Set/Series Cover Art in the root folder of the Series, then tell MC to use that Cover Art but there is no way I have found to tell MC to display a specific Cover Art for a Box-Set since that Cover is not (supposed to be) associated with an actual video/file/disk.

Any ideas?

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: setting Cover Art for Boxed Movies, Series, and Documentaries
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:03:50 am »

I note that there was no reply to this query.  I have the same requirement and I would imagine that many others would too.

Has anyone got a solution?  If not, could JRiver come up with something?

Thanks,

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up