INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newest version, clients & server machines lock up playing music videos  (Read 1168 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

been playing music vids on workstation today pulling from my jriver server. few songs will play fine one after another, but then music will just stop, i come inside and the video is still playing but there is no audio, and if i try t hit stop FFWD then nothing happens, jriver doesnt lockup, but nothing will play even if i goto tree audio and chose an audio file instead of video file, that file where the music stopped playing stays in th eplaying now not moving, i have to to do a force close then restart. and then it locks up again.

On server all files play fine, with no lockups

Ideas?
Thanks

HTPC4ME

Re: newest version, client machines lock up playing music videos
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:53:57 pm »

Well i lied the server that holds all the files is doing it to. so I'm assuming the issue must be on the server.

Music video is playing i see it, but there is no sound, it just stopped playing 1/2 way through the music video, if i click next it does goto next music video and i can see it, and hear it, but then the audio stops 1/2 3/4 way through?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 04:37:59 pm »

just got a quicktime dialog that popped up. Cannot determine the version of apple quicktime, apple quicktime 6.0 or above must be installed to play the file.

I was under assumption we no longer need codecs? Am i wrong maybe this is my problem?
If so which pack is now recommended?
Thank you

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »

Could it be that Quicktime is trying to play it, or is doing something to mess it up?

Do you have Quicktime configured to play whatever your Music Video Files are? And what kind are they?

I probably can't be any help beyond this, but maybe the answers will help someone else to help you.

Good luck.

rod

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 05:01:16 pm »

the build is anew 2008 windows server r2 build. And ive not installed any codecs, only thing installed on server is jriver so far.

here's a screen of file settings that jriver copied from old machines library settings

Music on clients, and on server play uninterrupted. its just the video's that are messing up.

thanks For trying to help :)

HTPC4ME

Bump please

well we watched movies last night on htpc using server's library and they played fine. But i'm still having problems with music videos and the audio stopping and then total lock ups.

Pages: [1]   Go Up