INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IR Learning not working with my Sony Remote  (Read 1360 times)

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
IR Learning not working with my Sony Remote
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:36:55 am »

I've been using MC for a couple of weeks now, huge thanks to Yaobing for fixing a couple of things, and it's mostly working the way I want.  I would love to go back to one remote to control everything but I cannot seem to get MC to learn my buttons on my Sony remote. 

I go into Tools - Options - Remote Control - Commands and select the "Up" command then select "Start Learning".  I can hit the up button on my Sony remote 500 times but it never learns.  I can go into where you learn the "TV Power" button and hit the up arrow on my Sony remote and it learns the command in seconds.  Why will it not learn the up arrow for the "Up" command in the "Commands" area?

I have gone into "Devices and Options" and changed the input device to just "Microsoft MCE" and then to just "... other HID" and also selected both but I still get the same results.  IRMAN and USB-UUIRT both say failed to start so I assume they cannot be used.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: IR Learning not working with my Sony Remote
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 11:24:25 am »

Does anyone know if MC should learn the up/down/left/right etc buttons from my Sony remote?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:28:23 am »

What IR Receiver are you using? If you're using a Microsoft (or compatible) one, you shouldn't have to learn anything in MC. Just make sure your Sony remote has been taught the MS remote codes and you should be fine.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:52 am »

Dang!  My Sony remote only allows certain items to be programmed.  I cannot find anywhere to do IR learning.  I guess it's time to spend the extra cash on a new remote.  I used to have the Sony Remote Commander touch screen one back in the day and it was a beast to program.  Hopefully now (10 years later) they've become easier lol.

Thanks for the responce.
Pages: [1]   Go Up