INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separation of HDMI video/audio from 2 channel USB audio?  (Read 2760 times)

Cazzesman

• Recent member
Separation of HDMI video/audio from 2 channel USB audio?
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:03:56 am »

Question re separation of HDMI video/audio from 2 channel USB bit perfect audio.

Currently I am only running  flac/wav audio via MC in bit perfect mode direct to the dacs in my Amp.  I currently use optical but will shortly be changing to Usb out to Audiophilleo2 into an external Dac etc.

During the upgrade I will set up MC to also run video/audio via HDMI from PC to the HT Amp.

I have done some searches and looked through the wiki info but so far had no luck with the following question........Can someone please point me to some threads relating to how MC separates pure audio listening via the USB and the audio in HDMI related material.   

Is it as simple as........If I listen to an audio track it will travel through the Realtek HD sound card route and if I watch a video file it will obviously use the Graphics card route?   
If I watch a high quality Music video file how do I set up the Audio to travel through the USB route and Graphic alone through the HDMI route? 
At the moment I have the following
Windows 7 - 64bit
Motherboard EX58-UD3R
Nividia Geforce GTX260
Realtek HD Audio 7.1    It handles everything up to 24/192

The GTX260 plays HDMI via a DVI adaptor plug.  I haven't connected the spdif jumper cable for the GTX260 to the Realtek board so I don't currently get audio over the HDMI. 

Even if I did the connection I'm told I will only get 2 channel via the spdif so I don't think it is worth it.   I'm thinking of upgrading the graphics card to a version that now runs pure HDMI out with 7 ch audio at the same time.

Any directions to a thread or FAQ or general thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Cazzesman

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Separation of HDMI video/audio from 2 channel USB audio?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 03:23:06 am »

You can configure the audio to take the path you specify for both playing songs and the audio in your videos.

In Tools, Options, Audio select 'Output mode settings' and specify which device you want audio to be routed to.

If you want different routes when you play songs and play videos, you can create zones and make different settings for each zone.

Cazzesman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 03:41:22 am »

Champion, thanks for the quick reply.   

Can anybody now recommend a replacement graphics card.   Maybe something in the Nividia 400 series that won't break the bank (and is not used for gaming) that combines HDMI/HD audio out. 

Thanks

Regards Cazzesman

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 04:02:01 am »

You may still be able to get a 550Ti for sod all, I'm not sure you can still get 450 anymore.
JRiver CEO Elect

Cazzesman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 06:38:12 pm »

Just a quick rehash on this topic.  I have been researching various video cards and the recommended 550 ti just might be the go.   But then I re-read the initial answer to my question and the light bulb went off......but it might only be flickering.  ??

If I play a divx show or mkv file, can I set up the JRiver MC to run the video via the HDMI and the accompanying audio track to run via the USB?   Both converging at the HT Amp.   Is there adjustment within the MC that ensures the video via the HDMI cable is in sync with the audio via the USB?   

Regards Cazzesman

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:35:53 pm »

If I play a divx show or mkv file, can I set up the JRiver MC to run the video via the HDMI and the accompanying audio track to run via the USB?   Both converging at the HT Amp.   Is there adjustment within the MC that ensures the video via the HDMI cable is in sync with the audio via the USB?

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "both converging at the HT amp." An amp doesn't accept video. Are you talking about a receiver?

I, and many other, use a USB DAC and send the video out via HDMI and the audio out via USB so that isn't an issue. JRiver knows the latency of your USB audio device and automatically syncs the audio/video. If for some reason there is still an issue, you can adjust the A/V sync in Tools > Options > Video > Advanced.

I am using the 550 Ti and really like it.

Cazzesman

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:46:54 pm »

Sorry, yes I meant HT Receiver not Amp (as in Power Amp).    Okay so if the MC can sync the video and audio together from two separate streams then I guess I don't need to change the GXT260 for a 550 ti.   I'll just take the video only via HDMI from the GTX260 and the audio from the USB. 

Regards Cazzesman

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 08:04:31 pm »

MC can output the audio on whatever path you want (eg you can pick it to be HDMI or the USB DAC).  Pending on the support by you Receiver you may need to then be able to specify that the Audio is coming in via the Analog ports and you may also need to play with adjusting the Audio Sync.
JRiver CEO Elect

Cazzesman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:32 pm »

Thanks to all,

I bit the bullet and went with the Asus GTX550 ti.  I'm sure the tax man will help pay for some of it.  ;)  Now video/audio from hdmi and pure audio via usb to AP2.   My music room renos are still 3 weeks away from being finished.  I'm like a junky at the moment, being music deprived  :P :P :P

Regards Cazzesman

Cazzesman

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 02:21:50 am »

GTX550ti installed and working well.  Due to the reno's underway my HT setup is packed away so I currently just have the HDMI (with audio) from my PC directly into the Panasonic Plasma.   I have the PC set to dual screen at 1080pm to get the image onto the Plasma.   Running Red October with Ver16. 

1. Is dual screen the simplest way to run the MC to the Plasma?   When I fire up MC and select HDMI2 on the Plasma the MC is on the screen ready to go so I presume I have that right.

Regards Cazzesman

Pages: [1]   Go Up