INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't burn  (Read 723 times)

Jonathan

can't burn
« on: May 05, 2002, 01:15:37 pm »

I have MJ 7.2.280, running a 400 MHz Pentium II under Windows XP Professional.  I can't burn a music CD.  I'm a pretty new MJ user, but this shouldn't be this difficult.  I get: "An unexplained error occurred."  I've tried reducing the recording speed on my 16X recorder to 8X and I've tried checking and unchecking the "use generic driver" box.  I deleted NTI's CD-MAKER, which I thought might be conflicting with MJ.  I changed the Registry key for "Auto Insert Notification" to 0.  I still can't burn a CD.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:can't burn
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 01:49:43 pm »

Please take a look at the FAQ here if you haven't already.

You could also try reading some of the other threads here.  Sounds like you have a little, but there are a lot of them here.

Reduce your speed to 1x just as a test.

Make sure you're not in test mode and that you have the input/decoder plugin for the file type.  Can you play the files?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Jonathan

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2002, 01:39:47 pm »

I just want to conclude this thread by saying that I have finally been able to get MJ to burn.  What did the trick was, in "CD Settings," under "Audio CD Copy," changing "Type" to "IDE".  This apparently avoids the ASPI layer, and it was the ASPI layer that was giving me trouble.  (I had unsuccessfully attempted to update the ASPI from the Adaptec site; aspichk always told me ASPI wasn't properly set up).  This ASPI layer problem may occur for other users of Win XP, which I am using.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2002, 01:53:18 pm »

>> This ASPI layer problem may occur for other users of Win XP, which I am using.
no it works fine.

but what you need to do is not only uncompress the file, but you must run the install program once it is uncompressed

basicly you did not install the ASPI correctly, you need to read the directions.

i don't like the way they did that, i had the same problem with it untill i figured it out.

there is also a new aspichk program in the uncompressed folder, the older one may return wrong info.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up