INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there any streaming media player's that will run JRiver as a front end?  (Read 1239 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)

Hi there,

While I can use JRiver to "play to" a device (wdtv) in my home, I was wondering if there are any devices which will actually use JRiver as a front end?  I still get issues with art when playing audio and there is no on screen theatre view so I am thinking of just replacing the devices with new ones.

recommendations?

dave

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)

anyone?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi there,

While I can use JRiver to "play to" a device (wdtv) in my home, I was wondering if there are any devices which will actually use JRiver as a front end?  I still get issues with art when playing audio and there is no on screen theatre view so I am thinking of just replacing the devices with new ones.

recommendations?

dave
Lack of cover art when being pushed to is a WDTV bug, something they could fix easily but haven't at this point.
There aren't a lot of good pushable devices out there right now, support for DMR from the manufacturers seems like an afterthought.
The Sony media player snm-n100 works pretty well for audio playback (it ALMOST plays gapless material properly) but displays nothing when actually playing except elapsed time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up