Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Text  (Read 739 times)

jsmith201

CD Text
« on: May 05, 2002, 12:14:31 pm »

When burning a CD of songs downloaded onto my hardrive from the Net, does anyone know how to write the directory structure of the downloads (artist-song) onto the CD.  My burner supports CD text, but I keep winding up with only the track numbers on my CD.

Darwyn

RE:CD Text
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 02:59:01 pm »

It should write song titles by default if your CD writer is compatible with the MJ driver. This is what I have been told in another thread. Mine doesn't work, but I have a feeling that is because it writes at Track At One (TAO) and for CD-TEXT to work the CD must be written Disc At Once (DAO). I have only been able to get this to work on my Pine/Samtack brand CD-RW in Linux using cdrdao on gnome-toaster. Sorry I have no advice on how to get it to work in Windows. CD-TEXT is not all that important to me. Does anyone else know how to get a driver for DAO to run in Media Jukebox?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:CD Text
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 05:05:53 am »

Darwyn is correct. MJ won't burn cd-text if it's using the "generic driver". Go to the cd writer settings page and uncheck "use generic driver" and then it will automatically burn cd-text if you drive supports cd-text and our Goldenhawk component supports cd-text on your drive. See this page:
http://www.goldenhawk.com/faq_body.htm#cdtext
for a list of drives that our Goldenhawk component supports for cd-text. Actually I think this list is somewhat outdated and that cd-text is supported on more drives than are listed. The only way to find out is to try it.

Hopefully we will soon have much more comprehensive cd-text burning support.

- John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up