INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Suggestions - Multi-CD Album support & Automated/Manual Visualization Delay  (Read 1660 times)

Pyroh

• Recent member

The first suggestion should be self explanatory, however the 2nd suggestion might need some explaining. What I mean is to have an option added (which would be enabled by default) in the renderer for visualizations which would add a delay to counteract the audio delay. E.g. the total audio buffer size when outputting using ASIO would be calculated (e.g. JRiver buffer + asio system buffer + hardware buffer if in use) and a delay would be added to the visualization in use so that the music is synchronized with it.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Multi-CD support works by setting all CDs to have the exact same [Album] name, and setting the [Disc #] field correctly for each track.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

221bBS

Multi-CD support works by setting all CDs to have the exact same [Album] name, and setting the [Disc #] field correctly for each track.

Also have to have the same [Album Artist] & [Album Artist (auto)]

MrC

Right.  So as to clarify perhaps a bit more for Pyroh...

[Album Artist] for all tracks in an album needs to be either:

- empty
  - contain the same value

Nothing needs to be done for [Album Artist (auto)] - it should not be set.  MC auto-calculates this field.

Pyroh

• Recent member

Thanks for the help, disc number wasn't shown in the tagger by default but got it :D

Pyroh

• Recent member

Is it possible to add a small spacer between the cds when viewing an album?

MrC

If you group them by Disc #, you can see them separately in a view.  See attached.

See the Group By fields in the highlighted area.  You can create your own custom group headers by adding new Library Fields (Tools > Options and type-to-search "fields").  These will be of Data type Calculated data, and you enter an expression such as :

[Disc #] [Album]

It can get more complex, but this is the idea.

Pyroh

• Recent member

Thank you very much for all the help, however I still have one more question :P

At the moment my JRiver looks like this:

I was wondering if it's possible to have it so that the album art only shows up for the first CD, as well as having the title format be Furious Angels CD1 (for example) instead of how it's currently shown. Thanks again for being so helpful.

MrC

You can do something like this.  Disable the cover art column in the Files display.  You'll see cover art in the category group.

Add the new field as shown, and group by this field as we discussed above.

Pyroh

• Recent member

Thanks for all the help, I went to the wiki and refined the expression a bit so that CD only shows up if a value for Disc # is defined.

if(isempty([Disc #]),[Album],[Album] CD[Disc #])

EDIT: I'm having a little trouble with this expression. I'm trying to get it so that if the Disc # field has an entry in it but there's only one value for the whole album (e.g. value of 1 if there's only 1 cd in the album) then CD[Disc #] won't be displayed. Not quite sure how but I'm still trying to figure it out on the wiki...

MrC

For your single disc CD's, clear [Disc #].  There's no way to look across tracks in expressions.

Here's an alternate way to write your expression, that only requires using [Album] once:

[Album]ifelse(!isempty([Disc #]), / CD[Disc #])

Notice that since [Album] is common, you can always output it.  CD[Disc #] is appended only when necessary.  The forward slash escapes the following space.

Pyroh

• Recent member

You're expression works pretty well, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up