INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for v9 (after u guys relax)  (Read 738 times)

nila

Suggestions for v9 (after u guys relax)
« on: May 05, 2002, 02:24:16 am »

Hiya,
Just some suggestions I had for feature that could be in version 9.
This is of course after u guys have a holliday to relax from version 8 which u did a great job on.

1. When ripping give an option to create .sfv files and .m3u files for the album just ripped.
2. Ability to have covers found saved into the album directory (when an album is ripped all the songs are saved in the dir. I'd like the album saved there too.
3. Smarter importing. Look for album covers in the album directory and give a check box to allow any found to be assigned to the album in that directory.
4. Ability to have media jukebox test integrity of albums using .sfv files found in the directory and report on any damaged albums/songs.
5. Tighter integration with Album View to give it access to control for instance the current positioning in the Media Library or access to change a songs properties.
6. An imported field for songs to save the imported date.
7. An 'Auto rating' field which can be turned on or off in addition to the 'rating' field which is worked out by taking the number of times a song has been played and dividing it by the amount of time it has been in the library (give an average number of plays per week/month type thing).
8. An auto equaliser mode - I've seen this on some expensive home stereo's. It recognises an album when it is inserted and automatically loads the graphic equaliser settings you chose for this album. Nice feature that would definitely sound flashy.
9. Also, another auto equaliser mode whereby the current Equaliser lets you set the genre of the music your playing but this is then left static for all the songs you play. It'd be cool if it could recognise the genre of the song and change it to a graphic equaliser setting that has the same name as the genre.
10. Ability to right click on a song and choose 'Re-read id3' - useful for when id3 tag field update fails but database is still updated with the info you had added.
11. Cascaded right click menu for the playlists so they stay in the current directory structure we had created.
12. Ability to call the .exe with parameters to make Media Jukebox do specific things (next track, play songs etc) which could be used to give it better integration with Remote Controls, external programs to control it (ie with ObjectDesktop to make desktop player controls etc.)
13. Ability to send radio stations to other friends with MediaJukebox.
14. Centralised Radio Station collection possibly whereby everyone's radio stations can be added to give a big searchable list of radio stations that we can listen to.
15. Ratings out of 10 to give greater flexibility with all current ratings simply doubled to keep them consistant.
16. Edit the tempo of songs and also burn the songs at this higher tempo.
17. Would be nice but I'm not sure if it's possible or if it's a lot of work or anything, if it is forget it - but to make the plugins compatible with Winamp plugins (for output) so the huge number of plugins for winamp could be used. An example of where this type of thing is done is Photoshop plugins which are also compatible with Corel PhotoPAINT etc.

As you can see - nothing particularly that crucial cause you guys have already thought of everything. These are just stupid little things that would be nice.

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
RE:Suggestions for v9 (after u guys relax)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 02:46:08 am »

Great ideas, so I like to add some extensions, since Nila covers almost everything :

1. Ability to save the equalizer settings to the database for song. (Helpfull, if you play a mix out of different genres).
2. Show the presence of replay gain values in the database window (true / false is OK). Helps to identify none RPG-files in your database

General: How about offering a Linux based version. This one might be without the MiniMe and all viz, since Linux has the ability, to run viz indepedant from any software. I would be the first one to beta test it.

Udo
Udo

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2002, 09:15:43 am »

Here's one thing about replay gain I have already suggested before, I'll mention it again:

MJ8 only uses RADIO gain, there is also a thing called AUDIOPHILE gain:
http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~djmrob/replaygain/radio.html

Audiophile gain is very useful when you listen to a full album, and you want the dynamics of the album to stay intact (e.g. the quiet tracks should still sound quieter, even if RPG is applied).

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2002, 11:20:21 am »

I'm going to ask that you wait a while before starting a new list.  You can add things to the wishlist now if you like.

We need to finish version 8.

Thanks.

Closing this thread.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up