INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New jriver server on windows server 2008 .flv .mkv.mp4.mov wont play on clients  (Read 3114 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

i've got jriver installed on server 2008, all file types will play on the server, but i cannot get my clients version 17 (which use to all have version 16 on them and played all file types) to play those file types. it says opening.. takes along time and then the file never loads.

Do i need codec packs on the server? or is red october suppose to take care of anything? have maybe some of my settings from jriver 16 not moved over to 17 on the server, and these files are maybe not converting?

Could someone help us get these files to play on our clients/HTPC

Thanks in advance.

HTPC4ME

sorry error is
Something went wrong with playback.
Details Failed to find or open file (hr=0x80004005

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Can the client play the file if you copy it to the C:\ drive on the client?

In other words, start simple and add complexity slowly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

Matt thank you...It's not jriver at all. it's my shares AGAIN (for some reason my one drive when i moved it over to server isnt sharing the files for that drive to the clients, even though the share is on on the server, the clients see the share (videos) but when i click on network/server/videos the clients spin for ages (over a minute until the search bar reaches the refresh button) and then it just stays on videos, it will not go into the drive videos. maybe ownership issue for drive on server?

HTPC4ME

Matt well i think it was/is 2 things. (1 my shares are/were MESSSSSSSED up!)

And 2. something is still not open enough for jriver/or maybe conversion issue? ideas for next thing to try?

On workstation (the client) if i goto network on the server 2008 (jriver server) then video files show up (good thing) and they all have WMP icons on them (good thing) and if i click on them(Age of deceit) they will play (notice progress bar in bottom 1/2 of screenshot). If i goto jriver top part of picture on the workstation, and play same file (Age of Deceit) it will just sit and spin with opening and then throw out a error:

Something went wrong with playback.
Details Failed to find or open file (hr=0x80004005)
suggestions?

HTPC4ME

bump please

HTPC4ME

Still no luck here... anyone have any suggestions?

I've been playing with jriver's settings but nothing is playing these files, but they all play fine on client machines, via network search... so this is leading me to believe it's no longer  ashare issue but a jriver issue.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Do the videos play on the server machine?

How about with Gizmo on an Android?

If both of the above are "yes", but playback fails on the client, is there a small sample video you could provide?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

Matt... I owe ya an apology for wasting your time here.
User error again (somehow)... i really have no idea what happened.
I went back to server tried playing filetypes that i was having issue with and none of them would play, then i went and looked at auto import and the unc share name was wrong... it was supposed to be \\Server\Videos
but it was \\Server\Videos\Videos1

and upon starting this post. I HAD tried playing these file types on server and they DID play.  but did not play on clients.
I wish i knew what i did/or what caused this.. but now all file types play instantly and with great quality as one would expect from jriver.
Thanks for hanging in there with me... I'm still puzzled on what may have happened.
Thanks Again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up