INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need an Android MP3 Player suggestion  (Read 2407 times)

bbuckeye

• Recent member
Need an Android MP3 Player suggestion
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:58:29 am »

After nursing this along for some time, I am finally fed-up with IPods.  I'm a long-time MC user and early adopter of Android.  Need a stand alone MP3 player and haven't found many options for one with Android.  I would consider a non Android player, but playlist accurate transfers and decent sound quality seem to be sketchy.

Does anybody have a recommendation for an Android MP3 player that works well with MC (ie: sync isn't a pain in the neck, playlists work, battery life decent)?  Everything else would be cake.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Need an Android MP3 Player suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:22:16 am »

Samsung makes a couple of nice Android models.  They call them Galaxy Players.

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 01:45:49 pm »

is there an mp3 player - other than ipods - who can also the function "get play state from handheld on connect" with MC

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:58:01 am »

Surprisingly there are not that many Android mp3 players but Samsung clearly makes the best out there.  Their Android mp3 players are essentially their Galaxy phone without the phone. Great screens and great Android integration.

Just look at the Samsung Android mp3 players and figure out what size you like and buy.

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

is there an mp3 player - other than ipods - who can also the function "get play state from handheld on connect" with MC

I'd be interested in the answer to this too. Does anything get rating, play stats and last played info when sync with MC, other than ipods?

I got an android phone recently as I assumed this was probably possible. Quite shocked to realise that i may have been better with an iphone to get rating and play stats..even though i know that is not fully supported either.

bbuckeye

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 02:57:32 pm »

Thanks everyone, i think i'm going to give the Samsung Galaxy 4.0 Android MP3 Player a try!
Pages: [1]   Go Up