INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Function to test if embedded cover art is missing  (Read 1711 times)

nbtnt1

• Recent member
Function to test if embedded cover art is missing
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:25:44 am »

First, thanks to the developers for a GREAT piece of software !

However I have one issue when I'm bringing inn new audio flac music:
Normally I embed the cover art in the flac-file (no external jpeg or similar).
During my tagging of the files I do various operations to check if I have remembered everything.
It is possible to set up tests in the "Customize view..." where I can filter all files which are missing a value in a given field.
However I can not find a function to test if there is missing cover-art in the file.
I have tried e.g. to set a filter rule like
[=isempty([image (large thumbnail)],0)]=1
but with no luck

Does anyone have an idea on how to do such a test ?

Is there a specific function, or am I referring to the field incorrectly ?

Any help is appreciated.

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Function to test if embedded cover art is missing
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 12:40:01 pm »

Have you tried the stock smartlist "Missing Cover Art!?

EDIT: It is the field [Image File] you should test for. In a pane view put this expression in a pane:
IfElse(IsEmpty([Image File]),No Cover Art,IsEqual([Image File],Inside File,1),Embedded Cover Art,IsEqual([Image File],folder.jpg,1),Folder.jpg,1,In Cover Art Folder)

nbtnt1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 03:05:21 pm »

Thanks, I had not seen the smartlist view so that was helpful.

However I could not make your test work... at least not just by pasting it into a "Custom View" --> Rule --> Custom :
IfElse(IsEmpty([Image File]),No Cover Art,IsEqual([Image File],Inside File,1),Embedded Cover Art,IsEqual([Image File],folder.jpg,1),Folder.jpg,1,In Cover Art Folder)
Maybe i misunderstand how these tests works ...

However there is another issue with the test. It assumes I have a folder.jpg wich I can use. This is not true in my case. My music directories relies on that all cover arts are embedded in the flac-file itself, and since MC shows me these cover arts based on that there is no need for me to have it in a additional separate jpg-file.
Have I understood this correctly ?

Vincent Kars

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 03:26:17 pm »

Something like this?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 03:31:02 pm »

You could simply create a smartlist that uses the [Media Type]=[Audio] -[Image File]=[Inside File] rule.  (The value of the Media Type field is Audio and the value of the Image File field is not Inside File)

"Inside File" means embedded cover art. The list will display the files that do not have embedded cover art.

You can add the Image File column to the list view. If the field shows a filename then MC uses external cover art. If the field is empty then MC has not found any cover art image.

EDIT

Vincent posted while I was writing my reply.  :)

EDIT 2

You can paste the [Media Type]=[Audio] -[Image File]=[Inside File] rule into the smartlist editor after clicking the Import/Export button.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 02:36:32 am »

However I could not make your test work... at least not just by pasting it into a "Custom View" --> Rule --> Custom :

That expression will not work in a smartlist/search. It was intended for an expression pane (in Customize View, if View As is set to Panes just add a category, set it to Expression and paste the expression). If you just want to check for embedded cover art you can use this expression instead:
If(IsEqual([Image File],Inside File,1),Embedded Cover Art,No Embedded Cover Art)

nbtnt1

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:18:12 am »

Thanks a lot guys.
All 3 suggestions worked perfectly !

Case closed  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up