INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Turn-Off "Play Doctor"?  (Read 1885 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
How to Turn-Off "Play Doctor"?
« on: May 03, 2012, 01:09:51 pm »

Just upgraded to MC 17 from 13.  Viewed MC "Options" and searched the forum for "Play Doctor" and can't find an answer to my dilemma.  

Started listening to one of my library artists in "Now Playing" and stopped playback so that I could burn a CD.  I'm now stuck with the "Play Doctor" screen with no known way to "burn" the contents of "Now Playing".  On the left tree I can't even select "Now Playing", it stays highlighted on "Player".  I'd normally highlight "Now Playing" and choose "Send to/Drives & Devices", choosing my burner.

How can I;
- disable "Play Doctor", have no need for it.
- burn my "Now Playing" selection to CD.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

ballen

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to Turn-Off "Play Doctor"?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:13:19 pm »

Click 'Burn Disc' in the Action Window.

If you can't see the Action Window, try restarting the program.

(p.s. I updated the subject to better reflect the question)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:51:03 pm »

Many thanks for the reply Matt, but my main topic/concern was how to turn-off "Play Doctor". 

It's a feature I have no need for and it gets annoying everytime my "Now Playing" stops.  Is there a way to deactivate this feature?  I couldn't locate it in Tools/Options.

Regarding the "Action Window" burn feature I was aware of this but it requires dragging your files there.  I miss MC13's way of just rt. clicking the "Now Playing" list and sending it's contents directly to the burner.

Greatly appreciate your and other inputs!

ballen

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 02:55:54 pm »

Right-click 'Send To' is still available.

Play Doctor only shows when nothing is playing and there's nothing else to show.  You can't turn it off, but it also should never be in the way.

audioriver

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 03:08:30 pm »

I'd also vote for the option the disable Play Doctor, or at least allow to completely hide it, gaining that tiny bit of space circled in the pic.

Windows 10 Pro x64

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 04:50:47 pm »

Many thanks for the replies Matt & audioriver!

Matt,
I don't get the menu choice to "Send To" from the left menu pane.  What happens when content in "Now Playing" stops, "Now Playing" displays 2 subfolders (Player & Playing from Main Library).  The default choice highlighted is "Player" who's rt. click menu choices do not contain a "Send To" option.

If you try to highlight "Now Playing" to access "Send To" by lt. clicking, as soon as you release the mouse, it jumps immediately back to "Player".  You're back at square one.

Hopefully my description makes things a little clearer.

Many thanks,
ballen

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 10:42:01 am »

You can pick files on the right (inside the Playing Now view) and Send To.

Send To was removed from the Playing Now view menu.  That menu is quite long, and we felt it was confusing since many of the Send To options are for playback.

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 11:28:55 am »

Many thanks Matt!

This method works for me.  It's simple and user friendly, just couldn't figure it out on my own.

Appreciate and understand the reasoning behind it's removal from the left tree.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated,
ballen

MusicHawk

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 09:42:45 pm »

I'd also like to disable/hide Play Doctor. No need or use for it, everything is handled by individual file or (mostly) by smartlist.

Play Doctor's appearances are confusing the family, because suddenly there's a prominent set of buttons that should never (in our setup) be clicked. It's like an annoying hotel TV that always switches back to house commercials and pay movie promos.

Given the wide range of situations where MC is a valuable application, each buyer of MC should be able to SHOW/HIDE any/all MC options/services, on the main screen, in the tree, etc. It could even be nice to let the user configure what the main pane shows when "at rest", such as wallpaper, or a list of playlists/smartlists, or the user's choice of common actions.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up