INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving cover art  (Read 1390 times)

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
Moving cover art
« on: January 31, 2012, 12:27:43 pm »

How can I move all my cover art from Y:\coverart > to it's respective folder ie Y:\Music\ArtisName\AlbumName\coverart.jpg

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Moving cover art
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:24 pm »

Interesting question. Is there a way to move all cover art from a specified folder to each album's folder, possibly renaming all files to folder.jpg as well? It would be of great help, when switching between Cover Art location options.
Windows 10 Pro x64

vagskal

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 01:21:12 pm »

I cannot see any way of doing this without external tools. Let me know if you need instructions how to do this using MP3Tag.

Or perhaps the command Quick find in file / Cover art directory could be made to always save cover art inside file if that options is set? Then it could all be done inside MC (Quick find... and then change the option to save cover art next to file instead and a Save cover art to external location).

EDIT: On second thought I do not think this will work with MP3Tag. Let us hope for an option in MC to save already found cover art inside the file.

audioriver

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 02:41:30 pm »

I've recently created a Cover Art folder which already holds 500+ files, but now want to switch back to the folder.jpg method... and dread the thought of having to manually copy/rename everything. Let's hope for MC to handle this in the future, hopefully it shouldn't be too hard, since everything is cross-referenced in the library.
Windows 10 Pro x64

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 03:59:26 pm »

I think you should be able to do this with MC, provided the art is stored in folders that properly identify Artist and Album (or the art files are tagged)

I'll have to test, but the basic idea is:

- import the Y:\coverart files
 - tag cover art's Artist and Album using portions of the source file path
 - Copy using Rename, Move, & Copy, pulling from the just-assigned Artist and Album tags
 - Update MC's cover art location, selecting Audio mode: In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 05:26:58 pm »

Clever, MrC. I hope that will work.

I knew claiming there was something that could not be done with MC would trigger some action here.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 05:42:14 pm »

Coincidentally, I had just done the opposite a week or two ago, moving Artist art from a folder into the Cover Art\Artists folder.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rick.ca

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:45:55 pm »

I'm surprised existing cover art isn't automatically moved when the option is changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up