INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 questions on library sharing from a central pc  (Read 1300 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
2 questions on library sharing from a central pc
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:09:59 am »

To enable automatic syncing, I need to enable authentication. Can I still have a client connect read-only without authentication and if so, how do I do that?

Can I share 2 separate libraries from the same machine? Say I don't want to mix my wifes' music with my own so I'd like to give her her own library her pc connects to. Is that possible and if so, is that explained somewhere how to do that?

Thanks!

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: 2 questions on library sharing from a central pc
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:48:19 am »

If authentication is enabled it is required for any connection as far as I know. A read only option for unauthenticated connections would be nice though. I suppose you could create a user that only has read permissions in Windows for this purpose assuming you would just like to limit said users abilities.

Yes and no
Library Server only has 1 access key so it can only serve a single library.
However you could setup a library on her machine and just create it in a shared folder on the server having her use it as if it were a local library.
Sean

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: 2 questions on library sharing from a central pc
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:18:15 am »

If neither are possible, consider them feature requests  :P

Unauthenticated read-only connections to libraries with sync enabled & sharing multiple libraries from the same machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up