INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Log file addition  (Read 993 times)

jagdriver

• World Citizen
Feature Request: Log file addition
« on: May 09, 2012, 08:29:38 am »

The log file would be more useful to me if a subset of the Playback option only recorded the artist and track name of songs that are played.

This is because I review a lot of new music, along with familiar pieces, and am usually not sitting anywhere near my computer when I'm engaged in this activity. A record of what's been played would be most useful to me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Request: Log file addition
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:39:17 am »

Logging is for our use debugging.  It's not designed to be something a normal person would want to read.

You might try Last.fm or Computer Audiophile Scrobbling (Options > Services).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 11:54:53 am »

Then I'd like to request a different log file provision for users that records the order of what's been played in Media Center.

(I'm playing my own massive collection, not streaming from an outside service.)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:56:24 pm »

Then I'd like to request a different log file provision for users that records the order of what's been played in Media Center.

A file list sorted by [Last Played] won't include multiple plays of the same file during a period, but otherwise includes the same information, is easy to produce on demand, and includes all of the library information for each file. With that in mind, how is a log file likely to be used?

It seems to me, if a log is to be of any use, it would have to be different than a simple per-session file. If MC could maintain a perpetual record of all file plays and skips, with time played vs. duration, client/zone played in, etc., and this log displayed in the UI (so filtering and library data were available), then the idea starts to get interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up