INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming recordings in theater view  (Read 1287 times)

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
Upcoming recordings in theater view
« on: April 08, 2012, 06:54:34 pm »

How do I get the upcoming recordings to show in theater view under the guide?  In the area that you can edit your channels and series settings you can view the "To be recorded" stuff.  If I wanted to add an option to the guide area what would I put in for a custom rule?

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Upcoming recordings in theater view
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:58:36 pm »

Anything?

I was just trying to see if there is anything I can do like in the guide settings [TVTime]=#TVGuideStartDate-7d.  The only way to see upcoming shows that I can find is in "Drives & Devices" in "Television" then "To Be Recorded".

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:55:48 am »

Is this possible at all?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 08:59:04 am »

I don't think this is currently possible.

It would be a nice addition.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:14:44 am »

Ok thanks.  It would be an awesome addition.  In Sage there was a section that showed the 4 most recent recordings and next 4 upcoming recording and if you wanted to view more upcoming recordings there was an option to view scheduled recordings.

This made it nice because we could tell if a show "on break" was coming back for a new season.  Of course that also was torture because we would then get impatient waiting for our favorite shows and the days dragged by till they got here (I know, I have no life ::) ).

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:12:33 pm »

I don't think this is currently possible.

It would be a nice addition.

It's a very important addition for those that primarily use Theater View. It's really necessary for a couple of reasons:

1. Suppose you want to watch something in LiveTV. So you do and part way through the show you find out a recording is scheduled to start. You become frustrated,

2. You want to schedule a recording. Unbeknownst to you there is one scheduled around the same time. I actually don't know what the current conflict resolution messages are, but this can be another frustrating situation.

It's way more user friendly to look at what is scheduled before either of these happen. But for those of us that use Theater View almost exclusively that's impossible.

Thanks for considering this improvement.

Rod

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:29:01 pm »

I agree.  On my 1080i projection TV I cannot read the text unless I am in theater view and if I exited theater view to check upcoming recordings (which I can't read anyways) I'd need program my remote to launch theater view again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up