INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Library not serving up Covers To Gforce and Whitecap  (Read 1370 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Media Library not serving up Covers To Gforce and Whitecap
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:59:55 am »

I know this is a rather unique problem, but maybe somebody uses these two. When I use a Library server to play from, the covers from the Library do not appear in Gforce or Whitecap Visualizations. If you choose "Cover Art" or a 3D visualization, the cover art is right. If you play from a local library, the art is right in "Cover art" and "whitecap". Just if you play from a remote library and use GForce or Whitecap and enable Coverart and text, the cover art is the default MC icon. I have covers in my tags AND a folder.jpg in each directory.
Anyone a pro at Gforce or Whitecap and have fixed this? I really like Whitecap. I want to keep my playlists in sync across pcs and am using the library server to do that, but I will go back to manual if I can't get the cover to be right in Whitecap (I sound ...complusive:)). Since the MC is used for both audio and video, I usually have a display going on the second tv. If just an mp3 I like whitecap to do it's visualizer thing, and, show me whats playing and from what album.

Thanks all!
Don

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Library not serving up Covers To Gforce and Whitecap
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:20:37 am »

I know.

It stinks.  I've used them for a long time.  I haven't been able to get it working with a Library Server, though I've never tried hacking it much.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:22:49 am »

I went to their website and found nothing on this. But their Aeon Visualizer looks really good too. Does it still have the same problem? Anyone know?

Thanks

Don

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 02:59:21 am »

any fix yet guys?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 12:33:10 pm »

I went to their website and found nothing on this. But their Aeon Visualizer looks really good too. Does it still have the same problem? Anyone know?

I just bought Aeon this weekend (it is very cool).

Same issue.  I just keep the cover art support turned off on my HTPC.  The cover art support works fine on the server system, by the way.

I think that SoundSpectrum would have to change the way G-Force (et all) loads the cover art to use the JRiver API to work properly, or JRiver would have to change something about the way the server works to specifically support these kinds of plugins.

I don't think it is a high priority at either end, but you could try reporting it on Andy's forums.  He's pretty responsive.  I think he knows this is an issue, but I'm not sure.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 12:41:12 pm »

Thanks for update Glynor!
Pages: [1]   Go Up