INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Question  (Read 1181 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
Importing Question
« on: May 18, 2012, 10:21:35 am »

Hi all,

When I import new media (TV Shows primarily), MC17 will "get Movie and TV info" 
I then go into tags and rename the NAME tag using the following command

=[Series] - Spadnumber([season],2)Epadnumber([episode],2) - [name]
e.g., The Killing - S02E08 - Off the Reservation

I then do a file rename using the following Library Tools, Rename, Move & Copy, Filename Rule =[name]

Is there a way to automate this process?

Thanks

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Importing Question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:38:54 am »

I think it is easier to rename in Windows Explorer before importing.  MC  will then enter the correct name, series, season and episode and get the data from TVDB automatically.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 02:30:19 pm »

I don't have the episode name until I "get Movie and TV info" so renaming in advance is not an option.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 03:07:42 pm »

You might check the available options in auto import I have not used the feature much so I am not sure how vast it's capabilities are.
I think you should be able to use your expression by clicking on the add/custom and entering the corresponding information.
Sean

NickF

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 04:47:35 pm »

I don't have the episode name until I "get Movie and TV info" so renaming in advance is not an option.
I have done this for all of my TV Show Series.  If you use Windows Explorer to rename then, after import,  initially MC shows the name you used in Windows Explorer.  It then accesses TVDB and replaces it with the proper Episode Name.  You don't need to use the Episode Name when renaming.  Using your example, just "The Killing - S02E08.xxx" is enough.  It does work.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up