INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback truncating, PCM 24/48, only one album [Solved]  (Read 1697 times)

enazarko

• Recent member
Playback truncating, PCM 24/48, only one album [Solved]
« on: February 06, 2015, 08:00:39 am »

Running JRiver 20, current version (updated itself within the week) on Windows 7.  I have one album, downloaded from HD Tracks - The Pedrito Martinez Group, self titled - where playback of each song truncates.  Each song does it in a different place.  The first song, for example, is 6:04 and at 2:11 suddenly playback jumps to the beginning of the second song.  The second song does the same thing at a bit over halfway through; the third at about a third of the way through... every song ends abruptly and way before the actual end of the song.

Out of everything in my library of over 32,000 files, about a quarter of which are HD Tracks or other high res, this is the ONLY album that does it.  I see the problem described in a few other posts as being related to switching from one type of file to another - dsd to pcm, or high res to mp3 - but didn't see this one.

I've just now gotten HD Tracks to let me download new versions, but wanted to post here now because there IS something that happens in each song at the truncation point.  It's Afro-Cuban drumming and jazz, and to say dynamic range is big is an understatement.  At each point where it truncates, the songs go from a peak of drumming and singing, into a silent pause.  

Is there something in my JRiver playback setup that could be interpreting those massive dynamic jumps from peaked to zero as an end of song?

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playback truncating, PCM 24/48, only one album
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:33:30 am »

Check that you do not have this enabled: Tools → Options → Audio → Track Change → Do not Play silence (leading and trailing)

enazarko

• Recent member
Re: Playback truncating, PCM 24/48, only one album
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:22:14 am »

Check that you do not have this enabled: Tools → Options → Audio → Track Change → Do not Play silence (leading and trailing)

Thanks, I'd already suspected and checked that.  It wasn't on.  Just in case, I turned it on, played a song of another album, turned it off, then re-tried the Pedrito album, got the same results.

I'm also set to gapless playback and was wondering if maybe there's something in gapless logic that may be getting confused, reading the silence as a gap.

enazarko

• Recent member
Re: Playback truncating, PCM 24/48, only one album SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 10:37:37 am »

Got new downloads, put them in, and everything's fine now, so apparently I got a download from HDTracks where every song was somehow broken, and broken in the same way.  That's a little hard to comprehend, which is why I asked here simultaneously to trying to get fresh download files.

It is going to change my habit of sometimes buying music to load on my portable and not immediately checking out every track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up