INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request?] Subtitle timing  (Read 1546 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
[Feature Request?] Subtitle timing
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:13:51 pm »

Hi,

Thanks very much for adding the subtitle timing adjustment.  It is a great addition.  However, every now and again, I need an adjustment greater than 1 second.  How do I do this?

Is there a possibility of allowing the user to enter a value?  Maybe an editable tag value that I can enter a value (maybe it exists and I missed it).  This would be suffice, for the rare event I need more than 1 second of adjustment I am happy to go to the file tags.

Thanks
Craig

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: [Feature Request?] Subtitle timing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:44:28 pm »

You can use the OSD to pick larger values.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 08:26:39 pm »

:)

Thanks, didn't look there

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 06:02:25 pm »

Hi Matt,

I couldn't get the OSD delay/advance to work.

I had a couple of shows where the delay was more than a second and I tried using the OSD.  It did not however seem to do anything.  I have used the right-click menu a few times and it did delay as requried.  However, the OSD did not provide the advancing of the subtitles.  I am not sure if it was because it was a large offset (I tried between 3 and 5 seconds). I can't promise that it was doing anything even for short delays.

This happened on a few files.  I was using .srt files.  I think the video files were mkv.  Latest MC17. Is there any other information I can provide?

Thanks
Craig

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:30:50 am »

Another OSD item I will not use more than 1 of 200 times. It's not that I don't think it's great to have choices, but would it not be about time that we get a OSD configuration? Where you can enable or disable item's you never use? I try to not use the OSD, because when I use it I often have to browse through 5-15 items I never ever use, just to get to where I want...
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:27 am »

I couldn't get the OSD delay/advance to work.

I had a couple of shows where the delay was more than a second and I tried using the OSD.  It did not however seem to do anything.  I have used the right-click menu a few times and it did delay as requried.  However, the OSD did not provide the advancing of the subtitles.  I am not sure if it was because it was a large offset (I tried between 3 and 5 seconds). I can't promise that it was doing anything even for short delays.

I can't reproduce this.

Is it possible the subtitles were just burned into the video, and so not adjustable?

Is anyone else able to reproduce this?  Any clues?

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 04:22:32 am »

I apologize, I don't know my plus from minus and was heading in the wrong direction and because it was so far out I guess I didn't notice it getting worse, just couldn't hear it getting better.

Minus to bring the subtitle forward was a bit counter-intuitive for me.  I guess this is a relative thing, my thinking was that the timing of the subtitle was relative to its position, but I guess to frame of reference is the video. Oh well.

Thanks again and sorry for the false report....

PS: While you are reading, going to slip in an idea for V18... it would be great to be able to drag a poorly named and located subtitle file (say downloaded from subscene) and drop it onto the relevant video file and have MC copy and rename the file to the same location as the video file.  The same behaviour could work for music/lyrics?  Images for coverart? Season posters in season views? Are there other examples.  This idea came about as it is a pain to download from web, then have to rename to match exact name of video file and dump it in the directory.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 01:42:17 pm »

Plus vs minus with subtitle timing was discussed and changed recently, so make sure you have the latest.  More here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71818.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up