INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on subs  (Read 1591 times)

Siladem

• Recent member
Question on subs
« on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:51 pm »

Hello

I am nearing the end of the 30 day free trail and about 85% sold. I have a question though about subtitles (the (15%) which i cannot find answer on in the wiki or forums. Another user ( carbo) asked it on April 1 but didn't get a conclusive answer.
The problem is that when I start an Mkv file with soft subs (anime & jdrama) I have to right click and access the subtitle menu and manually choose SSS/ass. It then will flash and load the subtitles and anytime I return to that file, it will show them. I just have To manually do it each time. Small thing but a pain considering the amount I watch.
Is this a known thing? Is it being worked on?

Thanks

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Question on subs
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:41:12 pm »

Have you tried the different settings in tools/options/video/subtitles & language/subtitle mode?
You can also access the subtitle menu through the OSD by using the up/down arrows to navigate to the subtitles heading and then use right/left to cycle through the options.
I know it isn't a fix but it is more convenient than the right click menu especially when in couch mode.
Sean

Siladem

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:05:38 pm »

I've tried every possible setting to no avail.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:18:56 pm »

What option are you looking for?

To always turn on the first subtitles found, regardless of the language?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Siladem

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 10:54:30 pm »

What option are you looking for?

To always turn on the first subtitles found, regardless of the language?

yes - ideally, when i open the file, it would run the subtitles similar to the way MPC-HC does.since the only time i'd need to change would be if there were dual english subs and i preferred one over the other, this would be the ideal default.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 10:58:19 pm »

I'm happy to add a mode that helps you out once I understand what's happening a little better.

Would you be able to send a sample file to matt at jriver dot com?

I'm curious if the movies you're testing have no language on the subtitles. 

Otherwise, I would expect the existing options to work if you said "Show subtitles in selected language" and picked English as the language.

Thanks.

Siladem

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 02:21:41 pm »

I'm happy to add a mode that helps you out once I understand what's happening a little better.

Would you be able to send a sample file to matt at jriver dot com?

I'm curious if the movies you're testing have no language on the subtitles. 

Otherwise, I would expect the existing options to work if you said "Show subtitles in selected language" and picked English as the language.

Thanks.

Wow - that kinda service is more than the 15% that was holding me back! that just made the sale.
playing around with it, the issue does seem to be when the sss/ass file doesnt have a language identifier. so if the subs are called english they auto load but if there is no language listed they wont.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 02:46:07 pm »

Wow - that kinda service is more than the 15% that was holding me back! that just made the sale.
playing around with it, the issue does seem to be when the sss/ass file doesnt have a language identifier. so if the subs are called english they auto load but if there is no language listed they wont.

You will quickly find that they are very accommodating around here, by far the best end user to developer interaction I have ever experienced.
Sean

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 05:02:22 pm »

In a coming build:
NEW: Added subtitle mode 'Always show subtitles'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up