INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC won't wake from sleep for TV recording (Solved)  (Read 8353 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
PC won't wake from sleep for TV recording (Solved)
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:41:26 am »

Hello,

I have recently set up a broadcast TV consisting of an MC17 server running Windows 7 and the HDHomeRun Dual tuner, both connected to my router via Ethernet. TV works, EPG is set up, recording works.

However, the PC won't wake from sleep to record programs. Do I need to adjust any Windows settings? A quick forum search turned up a link to Away Mode, does this need to be turned on for the server to wake the computer for recording?

Wake on LAN and WAN works with Gizmo, Gizmo will currently wake and turn on computer after Sleep or Shutdown.

Thanks for your support.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: PC won't wake from sleep for TV recording
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:09:52 am »

This is strange.  My Media Center is completely reliable about waking up to record.

You might turn on logging (Help > Logging), schedule a recording in a few hours, and sleep the machine.

You should see something like this in the log after you wake the machine up manually:
System entering standby
Wake from sleep hours: 3.4
Set wake from standby timer (result: 1)

Is this happening?  Could you post this section of the log?

Thanks.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
Re: PC won't wake from sleep for TV recording (Solved
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:11:18 pm »

Matt,

Solved: Windows 7 Control Panel > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Sleep: Allow Wake Timer needs to be enabled

This might be disabled by default, because it was disabled on both my Windows machines. Thanks for your time, the log file pointed me in the right direction.

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up