INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Restore/Backup after upgrading to new license  (Read 912 times)

geekboy200

No Restore/Backup after upgrading to new license
« on: May 02, 2002, 03:37:15 pm »

I grabbed the new license key, Media Jukebox opened after double-clicking it, but there is no confirmation that it worked. In addition, the backup and restore options are now unavailable on the menu.  Any idea what happened?  BTW, I e-mailed this as well, so only one reply is necessary. Next Page  Thanks

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:No Restore/Backup after upgrading to new license
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2002, 03:51:29 pm »

GeekBoy2000,
The way I understand it, you can no longer back up your license in the way that we have been doing it. The restoration is now available through the web site only and you can do it up to 5 times a year. This only applies to lost licenses. As long as your hard drive remains intact or you don't reinstall your operating system or clean out your registry, you won't need to restore.
There was a huge amount of pressure to provide another way to restore lost licenses other than backing up to a floppy. I guess this is the way. As long as it works, it's fine with me.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2002, 04:01:04 pm »

What C8 said.  It's true.  Including "incredible pressure".
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

geekboy200

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2002, 05:11:47 pm »

LOL!  Okay, it works for me if it works. Seeing some sort of "Licensed Version" text somewhere would be reassuring though.  The "Registered To" field currently shows a blinking cursor. Next Page

gateley

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 07:53:23 am »

The "Registered To" field should be correct. Could you email me your name or email address so I can look up your data and see what is going on?

Thanks,

j
gateley@jriver.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up