INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix (in theater view) Search returns "There Are No Items to Display"  (Read 940 times)

rvsharpe

I am experiencing a problem with the Netflix search functionality. More specifically, when I access Netflix while in theater view, no matter what I type in the search parameters I see the "loading" message and then the result is always "There Are No Items To Display". I have tested the search functionality with known Netflix titles.

I am running the following:

Media Center 17.0.180
Silverlight version 5.1.10411.0

Up to date patched version of Windows 64 bit Enterprise (as of today - 7/15/2012).

Searching functions correctly in YouTube and Hulu accessed from theater view. In fact every other Theater View component works just fine except the Netflix search function...(well the remote control functionality in Netflix is inconsistent as well, but that is another post).

I receive the same result when using IE or Chromium.

Any suggestions would be appreciated since I was unable to find any references searching the forums.

Thanks.

JesterOC

I have this issue also. I am in the process of trying to decide with system I will use on my HTPC, and Netflix functionality is a great selling point. Is this a setup issue or has Netflix changed their API in some way recently?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Netflix has changed their API (or broken their server depending on how you look at it).

Regardless, a fix from JRiver is coming soon.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rvsharpe

Thanks for the response Matt.

I figured as much but I jut wanted to make sure. The wife really likes the search functionality so here's hoping for a speedy fix, although I realize that constantly responding to Netflix API changes can be challenging o say the least.

Pages: [1]   Go Up