INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The TV panel in the current MC version, a rather problematic approach  (Read 1727 times)

stavrosh

• Recent member

I would like to report an interesting experience with MC , TM3.5 and TV reception in Italy. The TV signal is fed to a DVB-T USB stick. From the beginning I faced a lot of problems, It was not easy to make this configuration workable since I had no previous experience on digital TV technology. After the usual trial and Error period  and with some help from the Forum I managed to get access to Italian TV channels and radio. I am not watching much TV, some major channels were not accessible ( RAI 1, RAI 2, RAI 3)  so the use of the TV panel in MC was minimal.

Six months passed and  .. I decided to install  the DVB-T software (TM 3.5). To tell you guys the truth .. I saw the light  !!! I mean the way the whole TV installation process was done was easy, intuitive and above all I realized that I had access to more channels than before. If I need to watch TV,  I hate to admit it, I prefer TM over our MC !!

The Issue here is simplicity ... I am making this post to raise a voice of the novice users who need simple solutions to simple tasks. I know that it is very important to be able to do a lot of things but I believe we can have both. What I am proposing to Matt and the other MC software developers is a layered solution,  where each user can decide which level of complexity and tolls can have at his / her disposal. Eventually I am sure that we can all move to deeper layers of the program.. but this takes lots of time. 

I am hoping that in version 18 we will be able to access various tasks with different levels of complexity, at least in  the OSx version !!!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: The TV panel in the current MC version, a rather problematic approach
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 09:58:54 am »

I too, was hoping for some improvements in the TV area with MC18. But it does not look like that is the focus of 18.
 Hijack - My biggest issue with the current MC programming is that if I record a TV show that has some distortion (such as blocking or breaks up due to poor reception) it will crash the program every time (or best case it throws the Audio out of sync). Unfortunately all my recoding is done OTA when I'm not around, so I don't know if there is weak reception due to weather/storms or whatever reason until I start to watch the show.

stavrosh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:27:48 pm »

You are right, I downloaded MC 18 a few hours ago and I can say that there are no "visual" differences and approaches with MC 17. I found curious that the TV channel scan was too slow and it crashed twice the program (MC18.45). I am not sure where the problem lies .. it might be a conflict with TM.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:22:14 pm »

My biggest issue with the current MC programming is that if I record a TV show that has some distortion (such as blocking or breaks up due to poor reception) it will crash the program every time
That could be a problem with the driver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up