INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to play video on MC under VMWware, getting "Subtitle decoder" error  (Read 757 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

I share my cabin with my parents one month a year, and I really don't want to let my father loose on the server, because he's able to do some real damage. Which is why I'm trying to set up a virtual machine that he can use for Spotify, surfing and to play video with MC with the TV as the monitor (running the VM on the secondary monitor and the server OS on the primary). But I get an idiotic error, especially since there are no subtitle files in the directory and no subtitle decoders installed, as far as I know:

"Something went wrong with playback. Details: Failed to connect Subtitle decoder to source/splitter."

I get this on any VMR7/9 renderer. With MadVR I do not get it, but I don't get an image either, even if the minutes are ticking. The only renderer I have gotten to work, is Haali. Is this simply MC's roundabout way to say that MadVR doesn't support something that happens with a VM, or have I messed up with a setting? And is the Haali renderer as good as the MadVR on MKV 1080p files?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up