INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Music files in Theater View - I also want to see the text  (Read 1160 times)

janh

• Recent member

When I play music files in Theater View, songs (lieder) or operas, I would very much like to see the text displayed. I write the text into the Lyrics field, but how can it be displayed when the music plays. And then  the whole text (poems of 20-30 lines), not only the first two lines.

janh

• Recent member
Re: Playing Music files in Theater View - I also want to see the text
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:31:00 am »

When I play a song in Theater View and I want the text which is written into the Lyrics field to be displayed, then:
 In the Playing Now screen go right to Display View, there right click the mouse and choose Track Info, Noire Viz.

The Noire Viz is the thing. Click the Lyrics at the bottom, and the whole text is displayed in the lower half of the screen and with a scrollbar. Voilà.

A little minus: To click the Lyrics button and the scrollbar, I have to use the mouse, Remote won't do. But that's ok.
So just many Thanks for the Noire Viz.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »

I was voting for synchronized Lyrics (Like MiniLyrics) support a few MC Versions ago.
Hopefully it will be a "Built-In" Solution solution for both Normal and Synchronized Lyrics in Theater View.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:34:55 am »

Theatre View's info panel already does a fine job of displaying static lyrics or any memo fields. JRiver has never shown any interest in adding support for synchronized lyrics. The best solution I've found—and it's not a very practical one—is to use MiniLyrics to overlay them on Theatre View (where they may still get in the way) or at the bottom of Display View with G-Force running (which is rather nice).
Pages: [1]   Go Up