INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 - No TV?  (Read 3442 times)

DjBez

MC17 - No TV?
« on: May 21, 2012, 01:35:43 pm »

Hi

I recently purchased and upgraded to MC17, however im having a problem in that it doesn't seem to have a function for TV?

In MC16 it was in the left hand column, but its not there for me in MC17?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC17 - No TV?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:40:49 pm »

Television should be under Drives & Devices, just like in v16.

Make sure you didn't turn television off in Options > General > Features.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DjBez

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:50:31 pm »

Television should be under Drives & Devices, just like in v16.

Make sure you didn't turn television off in Options > General > Features.

Hi, that solved the issue lol... Thank you

I'd like to ask another question if i may whilst im here....

Is there a way to go to the track that is currently playing after you've navigated away from it? for example in itunes there is a little button at the top that you can click on to do that...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 01:57:25 pm »

Hi, that solved the issue lol... Thank you

Good.  We like problems like that :)

Is there a way to go to the track that is currently playing after you've navigated away from it? for example in itunes there is a little button at the top that you can click on to do that...

You can always view the currently playing file (and playlist) by clicking 'Playing Now'.  You can also jump to Playing Now with keyboard shortcuts or a customized toolbar button if you like.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DjBez

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 02:11:05 pm »

Good.  We like problems like that :)

You can always view the currently playing file (and playlist) by clicking 'Playing Now'.  You can also jump to Playing Now with keyboard shortcuts or a customized toolbar button if you like.

Thanks for your quick responses Matt, much appreciated.

I need some help with the custom toolbar button setup please, I want to be able to go straight to the currently playing track in the full library view without using the playing now option (which only shows the album that is playing)

Is there a way to do this?

DjBez

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 02:54:34 pm »

Ok, ive just had a good investigate into a customized button and correct me if im wrong but it doesn't appear possible to do what i want? as you can only choose from what is in the list and not modify the command of the button?

My TV card is an old terratec Cinergy 2400i, and scanning with MC17 doesn't pick up any channels on either tuner...

NickF

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 01:42:19 am »

My TV card is an old terratec Cinergy 2400i, and scanning with MC17 doesn't pick up any channels on either tuner...
I have one of these tuner cards in one of my PCs.  It used to work with an earlier version of MC17.  I have just tried scanning again and now have the same problem.  It is working fine on WMC.   I have turned off the WMCservices to make sure it hasn't grabbed the tuners.

I will post a log file.

Edit: I have attached the log after the scanning failure.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

NickF

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 03:22:56 am »

I'm a bit confused now!  I re-installed two earlier versions of MC17 - 17.0.60 and 17.0.27.  Neither will successfully scan for channels with this card.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the tuner card drivers but still no luck.  I'm sure it used to work.   ?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 06:27:23 am »

Did you install anything else recently or update any other drivers?

Does anything else work with the card?  Was anything else that works with the card recently installed?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 10:28:25 am »

I'm a bit confused now!  I re-installed two earlier versions of MC17 - 17.0.60 and 17.0.27.  Neither will successfully scan for channels with this card.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the tuner card drivers but still no luck.  I'm sure it used to work.   ?

Nick.

Your log shows you trying to scan ATSC channels.  Did you select DVB-T?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

NickF

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 11:21:55 am »

Your log shows you trying to scan ATSC channels.  Did you select DVB-T?
Yes, I definitely selected DVB-T.

I just tried scanning with WMC.  It had trouble identifying the tuners.  I did a manual scan which worked OK.  I think I remember this happening before.

On MC, if I use Settings > Configure to set the tuner type to DVB-T, when I select scan, it still shows ATSC and I have to select DVB-T again.  If I look at Settings again, it is still set to DVB-T so I assume that setting is working.  Could there be a problem with the scan tuner type selection?

I have run another scan, definitely on DVB-T.  See what it says.

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 12:03:21 pm »

This time it is DVB-T.  Scanning still failed, but for a different reason.  

Do you know if this device is related in any way to Hauppauge Nova-DT?  Someone had a very similar problem scanning for channels with that device.  I have not yet figure out what is causing the problem.

NickF

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 01:43:10 pm »

Do you know if this device is related in any way to Hauppauge Nova-DT?  Someone had a very similar problem scanning for channels with that device.  I have not yet figure out what is causing the problem.
I don't know of any relationship between them.  I suppose it's possible there has been some sharing of knowledge.  I couldn't find anything on the internet.  Should I try setting up a channel manually to see if I can get it to play?

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 02:31:08 pm »

I don't know of any relationship between them.  I suppose it's possible there has been some sharing of knowledge.  I couldn't find anything on the internet.  Should I try setting up a channel manually to see if I can get it to play?

Nick.

Please do try it if it is not much trouble.  With the other device, playback works, but scanning does not.

NickF

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 02:42:05 pm »

I tried one channel manual setup and it works fine.

Anything else I can do to help?

We haven't heard from the OP for a couple of days.

Nick.

NickF

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 03:26:43 pm »

Wow!  I just discovered something new.  I loaded the library from one of my other PCs which has a BlackGold BGT3600 Tuner (2 x DVB-T2 and 2 x DVB-S2) and looked in Drives and Devices > Television and there were all of the channels scanned on the other PC.  I selected one I knew was DVB-T and it played fine, in fact they all do.  So the parameters loaded by the BG card all work fine with this Terratec tuner.  I suppose it's the same as the manual one I created but I hadn't realised this would work.  Smart!

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 04:37:40 pm »

Wow!  I just discovered something new.  I loaded the library from one of my other PCs which has a BlackGold BGT3600 Tuner (2 x DVB-T2 and 2 x DVB-S2) and looked in Drives and Devices > Television and there were all of the channels scanned on the other PC.  I selected one I knew was DVB-T and it played fine, in fact they all do.  So the parameters loaded by the BG card all work fine with this Terratec tuner.  I suppose it's the same as the manual one I created but I hadn't realised this would work.  Smart!

Nick.

Can you try scanning with this device after having successfully played a known good channel?  I wonder if invalid tuning parameters caused the scan error.

NickF

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 01:53:31 am »

Yes, that worked.  All DVB-T channels were found and play OK.

Have the guys with the Nova tuners tried this?

Can you straighten out the tuning parameters?

Nick.

NickF

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 04:04:37 am »

Yaobing,

I'm not sure if this helps.  I thought I would try to re-run the process and capture all of it in a log.  I thought that deleting all channels and uninstalling and re-installing the tuner would make MC "forget" it but the first scan worked OK.  I then deleted a number of registry values which worked and the scan failed.  I then manually loaded a channel and played it then ran another scan which worked.

I have attached the log.

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 09:57:01 am »

Thanks for your confirmation.  I am guessing that these particular devices are not very forgiving about incorrect parameters.  Most devices just ignore the invalid tune requests and still let the device run normally.  The problem I am having is that before we scan for a channel, there is no way of telling what the actual parameters are.  I could just guess some reasonable values and hope the devices accept them, or simply not to make a tune request before the graph is started if we do not know the parameters.  I think I will try the latter approach first.

NickF

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 10:20:03 am »

Let me know if you want me to test a change.

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 12:03:45 pm »

Let me know if you want me to test a change.

Nick.

I emailed you a test DLL.

NickF

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 06:41:32 am »

I have now installed the updated dll files and the scan has worked.  Great job, Yaobing.  Thanks.

Hopefully, DjBez, the OP, will see this change in a new release soon.

Nick.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 08:10:06 am »

The channel scanning issue is resolved.  The fix will appear in an upcoming build and be release to the public in a few days.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 08:38:44 am »

MC17.0.160 is out on MC17 board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up