INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRIR plugin for Smyth Realizer?  (Read 1426 times)

KingLocal

PRIR plugin for Smyth Realizer?
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:36:23 pm »

Dear JRiver/JRiver community:

I own a Smyth Realizer which, for those who do not know, is a speaker emulator for headphones... while may sound gimmicky, it is a very, very serious piece of audio gear.  It measures your head listening to a real audio system (surround or stereo) to create filters for your specific head-related transfer functions (HRTFs) and uses these to recreate make your headphones not sound like headphones anymore but to recreate the "virtual" system upon which you were measured (think Tact/Lyngdorf, but for headphones).  It is SO MUCH MORE than cross-fade and I will not listen to headphones without it.

Unfortunately, Smyth Research has chosen to match some of the world's best software with some of the world's worst hardware.  Is there any way that you can load the Smyth PRIR HRTF filters into JRiver "convolver"?  Would it not be possible to have a USB-based version of the Smyth "HeadTracker" that would also run in JRiver?  I know that if it is not possible now, I would be willing to pay some substantial $$$ for an "app" that would do that.  I think others would as well.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up