INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebGizmo Request  (Read 1721 times)

Darth B

• Recent member
WebGizmo Request
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:12:42 am »

First.  Thanks for all of the great work on JRiver and WebGizmo.  Its really coming together nicely.  Its just awesome.

I just started using the app iRule which turns my android tablet into a remote control.  iRule allows a "webpage" to be embedded as part of the UI.  I've added WebGizmo into the UI and it works pretty good.  The only problem is with the "back" button.  If I use the android "back" button it takes me to different iRule page.  I was wondering if "back" and "forward" buttons could be incorporated into the WebGizmo page - like the "home" button that's there now?  I thought the buttons could be added to the right hand side of that same "header" area.  This would allow me to easily navigate through WebGizmo. Thanks. 

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: WebGizmo Request
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:43:24 pm »

Is there any reponse to this? That's exactly what we are trying to do as well.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:21:07 pm »

First.  Thanks for all of the great work on JRiver and WebGizmo.  Its really coming together nicely.  Its just awesome.

I just started using the app iRule which turns my android tablet into a remote control.  iRule allows a "webpage" to be embedded as part of the UI.  I've added WebGizmo into the UI and it works pretty good.  The only problem is with the "back" button.  If I use the android "back" button it takes me to different iRule page.  I was wondering if "back" and "forward" buttons could be incorporated into the WebGizmo page - like the "home" button that's there now?  I thought the buttons could be added to the right hand side of that same "header" area.  This would allow me to easily navigate through WebGizmo. Thanks. 
The back button in iRule is not the same as the back button in a browser. I've asked the iRule folks to build in the functionality of back and forward browser buttons, so they can be associated with an embedded URL. I thought they were going to do so, but it seems to have slipped from their radar.

cwm123

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:59:56 am »

I was wondering if "back" and "forward" buttons could be incorporated into the WebGizmo page - like the "home" button that's there now?  I thought the buttons could be added to the right hand side of that same "header" area.  This would allow me to easily navigate through WebGizmo. Thanks. 

Hello, I customized my own webgizmo pages and added a back button. I simply created an icon for it, and used the classic javascript trick for moving back. 

<input type=image src="backicon.png" width=80 height=32 value="Back" onclick="goBack()">

You can add that line to your webgizmo HTML pages (library.html, etc.) and it works quite well.
Just use your own image name and size values. 

I hope this helps!

Best Wishes,
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up