INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Cuts Off After ~ 2 min  (Read 777 times)

gwoolfolk

• Recent member
Sound Cuts Off After ~ 2 min
« on: June 16, 2012, 08:57:18 am »

I really need some help.  I have spent soo much time trying to trouble shoot this issue.  I have a trail version of MC 17.  I MC plays for about 2 minutes, maybe longer and cuts off.  Also, it will not play on WASPI or WASPI - Event.  I use a Berkeley DAC and USB converter. Berkeley recommends for WASPI-Event stlye.  I had no issues with the other trail version on my previous pc (XP).  My new pc is an I5 w 8 gig or ram.  I am playing high rez files.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sound Cuts Off After ~ 2 min
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 09:15:47 am »

I am sure it would help the troubleshooting if you tried another media player, and not jump to any conclusion about the problem being related to MC. Try Foobar2000 ( http://www.foobar2000.org/ ). It is a well proven music playback software.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sound Cuts Off After ~ 2 min
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 09:58:45 am »

gwoolfolk,

You can get more help and more detailed help if you provide more detail about your system.  (operating system for example.  other audio output devices such as HDMI. Does the audio device come with its own drivers? Or does it rely on the standard drivers in Windows?))

Try setting output mode =  DirectSound first.  

Your problem is likely to be caused by driver problems - either those for the audio output device or some other device.

Bill

Pages: [1]   Go Up