INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Zones to to direct music to DAC and movies to receiver  (Read 1330 times)

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello all, my PC outputs sound both via HDMI and SPDIF. I've got a DAC i feed via SPDIF to listen to stereo music and a receiver i feed via HDMI for movies. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to configure JRiver for my set up? I've been playing around with zones and have a zone called music allocated to SPDIF via output mode settings and another called movies allocated to HDMI via output mode settings. Is there a way to allocate all of my music files to play in the music zone and my movies in the movie zone? Cheers. John

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Using Zones to to direct music to DAC and movies to receiver
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 11:23:35 am »

Not that I am aware of and if memory serves me correctly a play to zone tag feature has been asked for by a few people.
I would also find such a feature very useful. HDMI (Receiver 1 A/V), SPDIF (Receiver 2 Audio only), and analog (computer speakers).
Sean

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:01:17 pm »

Rather than using zones for this, how about using a "Custom" video setting with HDMI output.  Leave the SPDIF as the default in MC.

I do this very thing to great effect.

Good luck!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 04:01:48 am »

thanks for your replies. Patrick, would it be possible to give some more details on how you've set up? Cheers. John

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:58 am »

Options > Video > Video Mode > Advanced > Custom

Then go down to Custom Video Setting.

There you can configure what audio device you want to use for audio amongst other settings I have never messed with.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up