INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open Recently Imported in New Tab please  (Read 1506 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Open Recently Imported in New Tab please
« on: June 09, 2012, 11:01:31 am »

This is something I've wanted forever but keep forgetting to ask.

After an import, can the automatic Recently Imported window open in a new tab?
I hate that it replaces my currently open tab, and I always have to go back to select my Tagging View scheme or whichever tab was open and replaced by it.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
Re: Open Recently Imported in New Tab please
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 01:24:30 pm »

+1

Vincent Kars

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 01:56:23 pm »

+1

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:58:34 pm »

I would prefer a setting like ripping has so you could just turn of the recently imported.
Hitting the back button is easier than closing a tab, this assumes you have forward/back buttons on your mouse.
Sean

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 02:03:36 pm »

I'd like to see Recently Imported on the action window when somethings been imported very recently, save trying to find it in the list of playlists

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »

I don't disagree with the request but I will describe how I get arround the problem.

I keep 3 tabs open for these uses:

left - a library view. (My current choice.)

middle - a view of my DVD drive contents.  I use this tab for ripping CDs.

right - recently imported view. Click click on this tab and then on the Import command (added to the top menu.)  When the import operation finishes, it shows the recently imported view.  I also use this tab for temporarily viewing Playing Now or some other view.

Ripping a CD or importing files doesn't disturb my current library view.

I started using these tab settings to explore the way I'd like the MC UI to work.  I found the arrangement to be worth keeping.

Bill

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 10:10:28 pm »

right - recently imported view. Click click on this tab and then on the Import command (added to the top menu.)  When the import operation finishes, it shows the recently imported view.  I also use this tab for temporarily viewing Playing Now or some other view.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I tend to use that method too but it doesn't work for the way I import.  I use MC for documents alot. I create a text file in a ToImport folder and I immediately import it into MC via right-click. That's when I lose my tabs. I could get around it if I remember to first open MC or if it is open, open a Recently Imported tab THEN go back to my folder, right-click and import, but that's an awful lot of steps just to quickly import a text file. Hence my request.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up