INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hard Drive Failure second issue. All my files have doubled up on MC17  (Read 1075 times)

icenine

• Junior Woodchuck

Here's my second issue.  I copied all my music files from my backup to C drive.  They are all in their folders as they were.  On Media Center they are all doubled up:  Two track #1. two track #2.... for every album I have.  How do I fix this?  How did it happen?
Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >J River (Current)> Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo M Scaler>Wave Stream dual BNC >Chord Hugo TT 2 > DCA Stealth

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

1. Remove from Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import any folders you do not want auto-imported.

2. Go to a file list view under Audio, and sort by Filename (click on the column).  This will allow you to easily range-select all files on the drive/folder that you don't want in MC.  Once selected, just hit Delete, leaving the first radio button selected (only removes from the library, not the HD).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

icenine

• Junior Woodchuck

Oh crap!  It's listing the doubled file from my external drive that is disconnected.  And the other files are from C Drive
Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >J River (Current)> Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo M Scaler>Wave Stream dual BNC >Chord Hugo TT 2 > DCA Stealth

icenine

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

It is no big deal.  These are just MC's entries for the files.  You can either remove these references from the MC library (as posted above), or adjust the views to not show the entries.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up