INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic DMR-BWT800 DLNA problem  (Read 2559 times)

CaptainSensible

• Recent member
Panasonic DMR-BWT800 DLNA problem
« on: June 20, 2012, 12:52:16 pm »

Hi
Can someone help a JRiver Media Center tyro with a DLNA problem please? 
I’ve searched Wiki and Interact although my wife says I always look with my eyes shut!

I’m running MC 17.0.165 under Windows 7, 64 bit.

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT800 BluRay Recorder and I’m trying to play the recordings on its hard disk using MC.

In Tools/Options/Media Network I’ve ticked Use Media Network, added a Generic DLNA, customised a view, ticked DLNA and DLNA Extra and turned on the DLNA Server, Renderer and Controller.

Under Playing Now I can select the BluRay Recorder, but when I Load Library I get the error:-
“There was a problem retrieving files from the selected DLNA server.
Please ensure that the server you are connecting to supports search, and that it is running properly…..”

What have I missed?

To make matters worse, I fired up Windows Media Player for the first time ever.  Without me doing anything, it found the BluRay Recorder under Other Libraries and listed and played at least the standard def tv recordings, music and photos!

Please help!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Panasonic DMR-BWT800 DLNA problem
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:49:00 pm »

The error is telling you that the DMR-BWT800 doesn't support the DLNA search function. That function is required for MC to use the device as a DLNA server.
WMP isn't using Search, it's browsing. Browsing doesn't fit the way we treat libraries, which is why we use Search. Your device would need a firmware update with Search support for this to work.

CaptainSensible

• Recent member
Re: Panasonic DMR-BWT800 DLNA problem
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 03:55:06 pm »

Oh dear!
That's a shame - I'm using the latest firmware.
Thanks, Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up