INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import a single folder (and include subfolders)  (Read 1265 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Import a single folder (and include subfolders)
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:21:20 pm »

I could swear we used to have the option to include subfolders when importing a single folder.

I would love that option if it isn't too difficult to implement.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Import a single folder (and include subfolders)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 04:28:11 pm »

Import always looks in subfolders.

There's actually no way to turn that off.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 04:37:52 pm »

Import always looks in subfolders.

There's actually no way to turn that off.

Ah, ok. I got no results when I thought I should have, but the files I was trying to import were a new type. I hadn't updated the custom file association xml with that type yet.  So segway into a new request ;-)  Could we have the ability to add file types directly from the File Types menu within MC rather than have to negotiate a file types xml? That would be cool.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

pcstockton

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 06:10:04 pm »

Tools > Options > File Types?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 06:37:28 pm »

Tools > Options > File Types?

That's to associate existing file types with a program. You can't add new filel types from here. That's my point.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:30:38 pm »

Ah, ok. I got no results when I thought I should have, but the files I was trying to import were a new type. I hadn't updated the custom file association xml with that type yet.  So segway into a new request ;-)  Could we have the ability to add file types directly from the File Types menu within MC rather than have to negotiate a file types xml?

After I click on Tools / Import, then click on import a single folder and "Next", a dialog appears with a tree structure input area under "import these file types".  I make sure that the file types under audio that I want to import are checked.  I've never edited the xml file you mentioned.

Bill

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 10:15:07 pm »

After I click on Tools / Import, then click on import a single folder and "Next", a dialog appears with a tree structure input area under "import these file types".  I make sure that the file types under audio that I want to import are checked.  I've never edited the xml file you mentioned.

Bill

Right, but if the file type you are trying to import doesn't exist within MC you get 0 filels imported. That is exactly what happened to me in this case. I had just created two files with Final Draft (Screenwriting software) and imported the folder. 0 results. Tried again on the subfolder. 0 results. That's when I realized I forgot to add the file type to MC's file associations xml. The minute I did that everything imported fine.  But you raise an interesting point. Further to my request for the ability to add file types directly within MC rather than have to noodle with the xml, it would be great if the import fuction detected unknown file types and asked if you wanted to import them and if so ask you to input the necessary info (like which program to use for that file type etc).  Man, that would be great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up