INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remember file position in video file for DLNA to Samsung?  (Read 5941 times)

e-head

• World Citizen
Remember file position in video file for DLNA to Samsung?
« on: July 21, 2012, 08:01:57 pm »

I've got DNLA working pretty darn well to my Samsung TV. The only thing I'm missing is the ability to remember the file position when I quit and restart a video.

Has anyone got this working?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remember file position in video file for DLNA to Samsung?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:48:33 am »

I've got DNLA working pretty darn well to my Samsung TV. The only thing I'm missing is the ability to remember the file position when I quit and restart a video.

Has anyone got this working?
That usually depends on the renderer.
When I playback a movie on the Xbox 360 for instance, it asks if I want to restart or resume. Some other devices don't.
It may also depend on whether or not MC is converting the videos you are watching.

e-head

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:57:38 pm »

Thanks for the help.

Right now I have it set NOT to convert. Everything I've run across so far plays just fine.

Usually (by which I mean w/ Mezzmo and Serviio), my Samsung displays a little yellow arrow where the video left off, and I can hit "D" on the remote to cause it to jump back to that spot.

Mezzmo is buggy and JRiver's customized display/playlists blow everything else out of the water, so I think I'll continue to use it. I just wish I could get this one thing to work.
;)

e-head

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 03:27:14 pm »

Well, resume works for the Samsung software itself (PC Share manager), and it works with Mezzmo as well.

Anything I can do to help with this? Are there any device files/profiles or something I could shoot you guys from these other DLNA servers?

It would be really nice to have resume working, and I bet it would work with C and D series Samsung's as well.

Cheers.

Ekpen

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 01:47:42 pm »

Hi:
I have a Samsung PN51D550 3D, TV . I have not really made any attempt to set it up . At one time, I was able to play audio through it with no issues.
Video is a different matter.
I have not been able to play video through any media in the house as I am on Directv. I have 3 stbs. Hopefully, I will invest in HDhomerun or Ceton later when they become available.

Could you explain in detail your setting  or your configuration regarding your set up, convert or not etc?.
Please post it for others to see .
I will need his.
With Directv, each time I tried to view video, I get "Unsupported File Format".
I do not know if MC 18 will work with Directv. My use of Gizmo, Webgizmo is restricted to  Audio.

Thanks.

Ekpen.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 10:10:42 am »

Just in general,
The directv should work with the Generic DLNA template and the video conversion set to one of the MPEG2 DVD/MPEG2 Audio (either NTSC or PAL) profiles.

The Samsung likely needs a server created from the Samsung TV/BD templates to work properly with video.

Ekpen

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:58:59 am »

Thanks.
Ekpen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up