INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation/Import "C:\users\{username}\DataApp\Roaming" FileFolder Corruption  (Read 812 times)

osetivo

Lenovo W520 Laptop - SSD - Win7 Pro 64bit
Fresh installation of latest MC17

Rather than try and trouble shoot this problem, I have sporadically installed (and inevitably uninstalled) MC many times over the last 7 or so months, to see if this problem would get fixed.  Well, I'm still having the issue.

Upon first installation, the "C:\users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\ appears normal, with a new "JRiver" sub-folder, but as the installation progresses and the software does its initial media scan, the "C:\users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\ ends up with hundreds of gibberish sub-folders such as

"ease wait while Install Wizard installs and registers plug-ins"  yes, there is a folder with that name.

See attached screenshot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I can't explain that at all, and I've never seen anything like it.

Make sure you download directly from JRiver.  Disable any middleware like virus or internet security software.

Maybe update the firmware on your SSD, and check for SMART errors.

If you learn any more about this, please share.  That screen shot is really confusing to me.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

osetivo

thaks for the reply.

The fact that my web/forum searches turned up nothing convinced me (almost 100%) that it was something weird with my system. 

I'll dig around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up