INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q Music: Can you have both Album Coverart and keep Track Coverart?  (Read 1441 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

Say I build a compilation album of songs each already with their own Coverart, can a then add my own Album Coverart? (if that makes sense)?
JRiver CEO Elect

vagskal

Re: Q Music: Can you have both Album Coverart and keep Track Coverart?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:46:09 am »

Embed the singles cover art in the respective file. Then add a very short dummy music file with track # 0 and embed the cover for the entire album in that file. In standard and cover view the cover art for the very first file in an album is shown as album thumbnail. Unfortunately this is not always the case in theatre view where a random cover art from some other music file in the album is chosen sometimes.

Be careful when you embed singles cover art so that you do not overwrite the sole copy of the image file for the entire album. There is unfortunately not an option to save cover art only inside the music file so when you embed a copy is saved also to the cover art folder as set in options, i.e. the album cover art image file is overwritten when you embed your first singles cover art. I handle this by temporarily changing the cover art folder option from my usual folder.jpg to next to the music file named album artist - album when I embed singles cover art. But sometimes I forget.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 12:56:37 am »

Mmmm - thanks this mirrors my experience but that is all very ugly.  FYI I guess what I'm after is a bit the ability we already have in Video where you can have Coverart for a Series AND individual thumbnails for each eps.
JRiver CEO Elect

vagskal

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:00:28 am »

You could join me in asking for MC to always show as album thumbnail the image file in the location set in options, if there is one. That would allow you to have both track thumbnails and one single album thumbnail.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 01:55:58 am »

Happy to join in on the request and I'm sure Matt is reading this with the avid attention it deserves!
JRiver CEO Elect

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 02:09:23 am »

Thanks for the support! I think this would be the easiest way for audio. The proposed solution would not work with music files where embedding cover art is not possible, but the solution would on the other hand not have any negative impact for files with no embedded cover art.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 03:58:10 am »

I was thinking that all MC needs is the following:
1) use embedded coverart in tracks as is now supported
2) use say a album coverart sorted using "album.jpg" in the folder for the album itself

Easy!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up