INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android Version  (Read 1735 times)

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Android Version
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:34:07 am »

What I expect is that the PC will lose its dominance.
The average user can do all he/she want with a tablet.
Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people when it is time to replace their PC will choose for a tablet instead.
I also expect the Win-Mac debate to die slowly and to be replaced by the iOS – Android debate.
Like OSX-Win, iOS will have a small devoted group of followers, the mass market will be Android.

Time for a JRiver for Android!

CountryBumkin

Re: Android Version
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:40:13 pm »

I use Gizmo on my Android. Are you talking about something else?

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 05:46:48 pm »

Gizmo works, but it's still a bit behind the feel of Apple equivalent applications. A MC version ported to Android would be nuts. Lots of things you could simply not do on android, compared to PC's. And the work needed to port all relevant features would probably be massive.
I am not totally sure that Android will be the dominant in the market. Perhaps now and for a few years, but I do think that Windows will take back some of the market, and make a good push on tablets and phones with Win8 and coming versions.

I'm looking for a good pad like the new Transformer Prime to come with Windows. I think there is lots that want the same thing, as long as it work well. Preferably with x86 CPU and not ARM. At least in my case. That way I could still run MC on it :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Vincent Kars

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:45:01 am »

Are you talking about something else?
Yes, JRiver running on Android just as it is running today on Win

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:03:14 am »

I love Android conceptually, but as someone that is currently developing for it I have to say it's excruciatingly painful.
Imagine something really really painful and, well, developing for Android is just worse - much worse.   I can't explain why, but if you Google for it plenty of people have already done a better job of explaining it than I could.

An app like Gizmo is quite impressive. I'd bet a fair amount of hair loss came of that.

Developing MC for Android though well might just be a bit on the sadistic side...

MM_switcher

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 05:42:18 am »

Having an Android tablet for 2 weeks and done many (de-)installations of music players, I really would be willing to pay 9,99 (€/$/CHF/..) for a MC-like audio-only player
Pleeeeaaaase .....
Pages: [1]   Go Up