INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Actions initiated on a library client show confirmation messages on Server  (Read 952 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

If I delete some files on a Library Client, the message asking if I want to delete the empty folder is displayed on the Library Server computer screen.  My wife yelled to me the other night because she 'got some weird message' on the screen while she was watching her show in the other room.

It seems the messages should be presented to the computer that initiated the change instead; the Client in this case.
pretend this is something funny

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Agreed.  I've reported this a few times before.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Would anyone object to making cleanup of empty folders automatic (no message ever) with an option somewhere to turn the behavior off?  In other words, could we simply remove the popup for server and client editing?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day

I don't necessarily mind, but I do use the confirmation (or lack thereof) to confirm if I've emptied a folder (or not).

So, eventually, I'd still like to get the message, but on the originating machine.   It's not a huge deal, but it would be my preference to get the message still.
pretend this is something funny

marko

• MC Beta Team

Mine's always off, I know empty folders will be deleted. If I don't want that to happen, which is only in one folder I use in my workflow at the moment, I place a hidden zero byte txt file in there which prevents the folder from being deleted.

No objection here...
Pages: [1]   Go Up