INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View: Exit behavior  (Read 2410 times)

rlebrette

Theater View: Exit behavior
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:07:19 am »

I like the ESC-ESC way to exit from the Theater View, but I would like to suggest to introduce ESC-BKSPACE to exit from the "Exit dialog box", it would make the whole navigation more consistent.
Indeed when ESC is pressed we get the dialog box but the only way to get back to the Theater View is to scroll down to the "cancel exit" option.
 I use a lot the keyboard and when I press ESC by mistake it makes sense to me to press BKSPACE to get back to the current screen.

What do you think?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View: Exit behavior
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:26:02 am »

Escape/Back Arrow works.

I just read some of the posts in the thread you've linked in your signature.  Thanks for your support of MC there.  Merci bien pour votre assistance.

rlebrette

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:25:26 am »

Thanks Jim,

Indeed back arrow is working in this case, I've just discovered that. But it's not completely symmetric with the global behavior, where Back Space is getting back to the previous screen.
I will stick with "back arrow" way, but I still think it would be cool to have Back Space bound with this too.

PS.
Keep up the good work, you will get more and more French supporters! Thanks for this wonderful software.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:42:10 am »

Indeed back arrow is working in this case, I've just discovered that. But it's not completely symmetric with the global behavior, where Back Space is getting back to the previous screen.
Left arrow also does that.

With a keyboard, you can navigate all of Theater View by using only the arrow keys and the enter key.

rlebrette

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:51:39 am »

Left arrow is getting back to the previous menu, if you're in the third item of a menu you just get back to the second one (more if you are in a nested menu, it gets back to the top menu), where backspace gets back to the previous screen (view).

Z0001

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 01:53:15 am »

With a keyboard, you can navigate all of Theater View by using only the arrow keys and the enter key.

How do I access the options that require a right mouse click using just arrow keys and enter?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up