INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing file storage location  (Read 1417 times)

kensargent

Changing file storage location
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:30:16 pm »

How do I change the drive used to store files?  I would like to use a seperate drive to hold only WAV files and another for FLAC.  I don't mind ripping twice to do this.

Thank you.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing file storage location
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:56:51 pm »

How do I change the drive used to store files?  I would like to use a seperate drive to hold only WAV files and another for FLAC.  I don't mind ripping twice to do this.

Thank you.

Select the files you wish to change the location of. Right click -> Library Tools ->Rename, Move & Copy Files.
See all the options there.

Advice: Try with a couple of files to test you're doing it right first.

kensargent

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 04:38:54 am »

Thank you for your help.  However, I am afriad I have mis-identified my problem.  I am trying to change the destination to which files are stored when I rip a disc.  I would like to tell MC on which drive to store the files as they are ripped.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 05:13:07 am »

You can configure the ripping location in Tools > Options > File Location > Audio..., but possibly you already know that. It cannot be configured for different formats separately, but perhaps a naming rule could be used for specifying the folder path according to the file format (I have never tried this).

But why do you want to store exactly the same audio data in two different formats? If you want to do that because of a device compatibility issue you can rip to WAV and convert to FLAC later.

It does not make sense to rip twice, especially if you use the slower secure ripping mode (which is recommended). You would just be wearing your optical drive out faster than necessary.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:53:30 pm »

You can configure the ripping location in Tools > Options > File Location > Audio..., but possibly you already know that. It cannot be configured for different formats separately, but perhaps a naming rule could be used for specifying the folder path according to the file format (I have never tried this).

But why do you want to store exactly the same audio data in two different formats? If you want to do that because of a device compatibility issue you can rip to WAV and convert to FLAC later.

It does not make sense to rip twice, especially if you use the slower secure ripping mode (which is recommended). You would just be wearing your optical drive out faster than necessary.
pretend this is something funny

8lior8707

• Recent member
Re: Changing file storage location ( que files
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 06:54:42 am »

what about audio files that "created" and resides in cue files .  how can i change their drive and or library loactions ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 06:43:34 pm »

If you mean already existing cue albums, you can move the audio file(s) and the cue file(s) outside MC and fix the path(s) either

- directly in the Filename (path) library field: select the album files and edit the path (this works for a single cue album)

or

- by using the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" tool. Select the files, open the the tool, set it to use the Update database to point to new location (no file rename, move, or copy) mode and tick only the Find & Replace option (E.g. Find What: C:\oldfolder\audio\ -- Replace With: D:\newfolder\music\ ).

Disable Auto-Import before proceeding: Options > Library & Folders > Auto-Import > Run auto-import in background (untick this)

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up