INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to open a certain radiostation in MJ  (Read 647 times)

Birdie

Unable to open a certain radiostation in MJ
« on: April 30, 2002, 09:24:19 am »

In the meantime I figured out how to get almost every-not already listed- radiostation with MJ and to add it to My Stations, but there is one that does not do it.Although I am not sure if this is  MJ related, I would like to know if someone could help me with this.
When I go to the station's website (in another browser than IE, e.g. Opera) and click on Listen, MJ opens and tries to connect to it, but says "stopped" a little later.
However when I do this in IE , Windows Mediaplayer opens and makes the connection and plays the station.The format is mp3/m3u.
I have tried to copy the streaming URL from Properties in Windows Mediaplayer and paste it in Open Streaming File but that does not help.MJ tries to open it again but again says "stopped".
When I try to do the trick with rightclicking on the Listen link on their website and save it with Downloadmanager MJ tries to make a connection to the server but tells me a little later that the connection failed.
Who can help me ?

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
RE:Unable to open a certain radiostation in MJ
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 09:34:35 am »

Paste URL here. We will take a look.

Nikolay

Birdie

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 10:08:57 am »

This is their website URL:
http://www2.rtbf.be/radio21/index.html      
The streaming URL, which also shows up in MJ, when I trie to make a connection is:
http://stream1.rtbf.be:8000/radio21/~~~stream~~~.mp3
It is in French. Anyway on the bottom of their starting page it says "Ecoutez", which means Listen ( I don't know if you read French )You can choose from 2 qualities.

Birdie

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2002, 10:40:47 am »

To Nikolay Sokratov:
I did't hear from you anymore. Did you try and if so what where your results ?
Or did't you have time until now, perhaps due to the beta testing ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up